2008-04-26

Hardy Heron

Downloaded the Kubuntu Hardy Heron release candidate. The installation went smoothly. Funnily enough firefox wasn't available at first, then a few days later the 3.0b5 appeared on the apt-get repositories.

The usual hassle with no mp3 support in Amarok was solved with:
# sudo apt-get install kubuntu-restricted-extras

I installed Skype and after a bit of fiddling with the right kmix audio settings got the audio to work. This version also includes video and my Logitech quick cam works straight away! This is the first time video has worked for me on Linux.

I had to manually install the symlink to get java support in firefox working in the /usr/lib/firefox-addons/plugins directory. This may have been because I installed java before firefox (I can't remember).

No comments: